Course WiFi Hacking: Your Guide to Wireless Penetration Testing – Your complete guide to understanding WEP, WPA, and WPA2 wireless security and how to exploit their vulnerabilities!
What you´ll learn
- You will be able to determine the secret password used by WEP, WPA, and WPA2 networks
- You will be able to conduct basic penetration testing on Wireless Networks
- You will be able to change your MAC address and impersonate other devices on a wireless network
- An understanding of the hacker’s methodology
- A basic working knowledge of using Kali Linux
- A basic understanding of how computer networking works
Since their introduction in 1999, wireless networks have been rapidly expanding in their usage and availability. Unfortunately, many people believe these wireless networks are designed as a secure solution for sharing data, but this is rarely the case. In this course, you will gain a deeper understanding of the WEP, WPA, and WPA2 wireless security protocols, and how to exploit their vulnerabilities in order to gain access to any wireless network during a penetration test. You will use this information to increase the security of your networks and to implement a better defensive security posture to prevent an attacker from accessing your networks.
This course includes an overview of the various types of wireless (802.11) networks, available encryption security systems (WEP, WPA, and WPA2), and how to use open-source tools to hack and crack these vulnerable wireless (WiFi) networks.
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who wants to learn how to conduct wireless network hacking as part of a penetration test
- Anyone who is interested in understanding the vulnerabilities in wireless security standards such as WEP, WPA, and WPA2
- Welcome to Wireless (WiFi) Network Hacking
Configuring WiFi Hacking Tools
Setting Up Your Wireless Access Points
Wireless Networking Concepts
Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)
WiFi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2)
WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)